Today Cricket Match Prediction. Who Will Win Today's Match?
Today Cricket Match Prediction, Pakistan vs West Indies, 2nd ODI Match. Who Will Win, On June 10, 2022
on Thu Jun 09 2022
Table of Contents
The 2nd ODI match of the West Indies tour of Pakistan, 2021-22 is scheduled to be held on Friday, 10th June 2022 at Multan Cricket Stadium, Multan.
West Indies tour of Pakistan, 2021-22 2nd ODI Match Overview
Pakistan had a good start to this home ODI series against West Indies after having a whitewash in the T20 series and won the opening ODI with a margin of five wickets. That was a thrilling match, especially in the last overs. West Indies performed well but they were on the losing side. We don’t think that both teams will make any changes in the final playing eleven for this match. The wicket on the Multan Cricket Stadium was good for the batting in the first match and we can expect some change in the behavior of the pitch. There was no tern on the pitch as spin and seam bowlers were struggling to get the momentum. We think that the pitch for this match will be in the favor of the spin bowlers.
Pakistan is a strong bowling side but they did not get any help from the conditions in the first match. That was the main reason why they leaked a lot of runs. Shaheen Afridi, Hasan Ali, Haris Rauf, Mohammad Nawaz, and Shadab Khan were used as bowlers in the opening ODI. Shaheen Afridi got an early breakthrough by getting the wickets of K Mayers in his second overs but after that, no bowler from the side of Pakistan could pick a wicket early. They got the second wicket on a total of 163 runs in the 3rd over. Haris Rauf proved the highest wicket-taker but he also leaked a lot of runs. He picked four wickets while he was charged for 77 runs in 10 overs. Shaheen Afridi picked two wickets in ten overs against 55 runs. Mohammad Nawaz picked one wicket in ten overs while Shadab Khan was the most economical bowler. He picked one wicket in ten overs and leaked just 37 runs. Hasan Ali was once again the most expensive bowler. He could not manage to pick any wicket and also leaked a lot of runs. He was charged for 68 runs in ten overs.
The batting department of Pakistan is strong and in good form. We also mentioned this in today prediction of the 1st ODI match. They won the first match due to the best batting performance. Khushdil Shah played a main in the last overs. Babar Azam and Imam ul Haq are in good form and we also saw this in the first match. Babar Azam scored a century in the first ODI. He scored a total of 103 runs with the help of nine boundaries at the strike rate of 96. Imam-ul-Haq and Mohammad Rizwan were also good with the bat. Imam ul Haq scored 65 runs and he smashed six boundaries during his inning. Mohammad Rizwan had 59 runs to his name on 61 balls with the help of two boundaries and one huge six. Khushdil Shah was just superb with the bat. He played the main role in the win for his team. He remained not out after scoring 41 runs on just 23 balls. He smashed one boundary and four huge sixes during his inning. Fakhar Zaman disappointed his fans but we know that he is the kind of batter who can bounce back strongly and we are sure that he will put some big runs in this match.
West Indies Reviews
West Indies gave a tough time to Pakistan in the first ODI and this match had become very important for West Indies to win this match otherwise, they will also lose the ODI series. The batting order of West Indies was just good and scored more than 300 runs. They also have a good sign as their star players like Shai Hope and Shamarh Brooks are back to good form. Shai Hope was just outstanding with the bat and scored a smashing hundred. He scored a total of 127 runs on 134 balls with the help of 15 boundaries and one huge six. Shamarh Brooks was the other batter who was good with the bat. He scored 70 runs while he faced 83 balls and smashed seven boundaries during his inning.
K Mayers and Nicholas Pooran are the other batters who can perform well in this match. Nicholas Pooran had been recently the part of IPL and showed some good form. Romario Shepherd, Rovman Powell, and Brandon King can also perform well on the pitch of Multan Cricket Stadium. The bowling department of West Indies was not good in the opening match. Jayden Seales, Romario Shepherd, Alzarri Joseph, Kyle Mayers, Akeal Hosein, and Hayden Walsh are leading the bowling department but could not give the best performance. Alzarri Joseph was the highest wicket-taker from their side in the first match with two wickets to his name in ten overs against 55 runs. Jayden Seales, Romario Shepherd, and Akeal Hosein picked one wicket each while Kyle Mayers and Hayden Walsh were the bowlers who could not manage to pick any wicket.
Pakistan ODI History and Stats
Pakistan had played a total of 940 ODI matches with 495 wins to their name. They had lost 419 matches while their 20 matches were ended with no result and eight matches were tied.
West Indies ODI History and Stats
West Indies had played 842 One Day Internationals. They had won 409 matches and lost 394 matches. Their 30 matches ended with no results and 10 matches were tied.
Pakistan vs West Indies ODI History and Stats
Pakistan had faced West Indies in 135 ODI matches where they won 61 while West Indies won 71 matches. Three matches between these two teams were tied.
As per our cricket match prediction, Pakistan is the favorite team to win this match. The reasons why Pakistan is a favorite team in this match, are mentioned below:
Pakistan had won the first ODI with a handsome margin
Babar Azam, Imam ul Haq, and Mohammad Rizwan are in good form
The bowling unit of Pakistan is in superb form
Pakistan has a strong batting order on the side
Pakistan is a well-experienced side as compared to West Indies
The bowling unit of West Indies is much stronger than Pakistan
Pakistan also has the advantages of home ground and conditions
Pakistan has a strong batting order and bowling unit as compared to West Indies, so the winning chances of Pakistan for today’s match have been increased. The equation of winning chances of both teams for today’s match is mentioned as under.
Pakistan has a 54% chance to win this match West Indies has a 46% chance to win this match
The toss can play an important role in the decision of this match. According to toss prediction, the team who will win the toss may elect to bat first.
Pitch Report and Conditions
The 2nd ODI match between Pakistan and West Indies is going to be played at Multan Cricket Stadium, Multan. The pitch at this stadium is excellent for batting. The boundaries at this venue are short and will bring the spinners into play. The pitch will continue to be good for batting throughout the match.
The weather forecast in Multan on match day is good. There are almost no chances of rain and we should have a full match.
Possible Playing XI
Pakistan Imam-ul-Haq, Babar Azam (c), Mohammad Rizwan (wk), Mohammad Haris, Khushdil Shah, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Nawaz, Hasan Ali, Shaheen Afridi, Haris Rauf, Fakhar Zaman.
Captain: Imam ul Haq Vice-Captain: Babar Azam Nicholas Pooran, B King, S Brooks, Fakhar Zaman, K Mayers, Shadab Khan, A Joseph, Shaheen Afridi, Haris Rauf
Full Match Info
Date: Friday, 10th June 2022
Time: 11:00 AM GMT / 04:00 PM LOCAL, 04:30 PM IST
Stadium: Multan Cricket Stadium
Location: Multan, Pakistan
Ends: Main Pavilion End, North Pavilion End
Time Zone: UTC +05:00
Home to: Multan
Venue Scoring Pattern in ODIs
Total matches: 8
Matches won batting first: 3
Matches won bowling first: 5
Average 2nd Inns scores: 242
Average 2nd Inns scores: 198
Highest total recorded: 323/3 (50 Ov) by PAK vs BAN
Lowest total recorded: 148/10 (38.3 Ov) by ZIM vs PAK
Highest score chased: 233/3 (37.4 Ov) by RSA vs PAK
Lowest score defended: 272/9 (50 Ov) by PAK vs ZIM
Pakistan ODI Squad
Babar Azam (c), Mohammad Rizwan (wk), Imam-ul-Haq, Fakhar Zaman, Haris Rauf, Iftikhar Ahmed, Abdullah Shafique, Khushdil Shah, Mohammad Haris, Mohammad Nawaz, Shadab Khan, Hasan Ali, Shaheen Afridi, Mohammad Wasim Jr, Zahid Mahmood, Shahnawaz Dahani.